Spread the love
2 cooking guides first on video and the 2nd written below both are great 🙂
Low Carb Cinnamon Roll Pancakes
Write a review
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3 tbsp Swerve Sweetener
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Water as needed
Cream Cheese Topping
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tbsp powdered Swerve Sweetener
- 2 tbsp heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup vanilla whey protein powder
- 1/4 cup Swerve Sweetener
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 5 large eggs
- 1/4 cup oil or melted butter
- 3/4 to 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- Butter or oil for pan
- For the filling, combine butter, sweetener and cinnamon in a small saucepan over medium heat. Bring to just a boil, then remove from heat. It will thicken up as it sits and you can whisk in a tablespoon or two of water and return it to low heat to keep it smooth as you add it to the pancakes.
- For the topping, beat cream cheese with sweetener, whipping cream and vanilla extract until smooth. Spoon filling into a small ziploc baggie and snip just a tiny bit of the corner from the baggie for piping onto finished pancakes. Set aside.
- For the pancakes, whisk together almond flour, coconut flour, whey protein powder, sweetener, baking soda and cinnamon in a large bowl. Add eggs, butter and 3/4 cup almond milk and whisk until smooth. Use remaining almond milk or water to thin out pancake batter, because it will thicken as it sits.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add oil. Spoon about 3 tbsp pancake batter into hot skillet and spread into 3 or 4 inch circles (don’t go any bigger than that or they will be hard to flip). Using a spoon, quickly drizzle cinnamon filling in a spiral onto the top side of each pancake. Cook until small bubbles appear in the top side of the pancake and the bottom is golden brown, about 2 to 3 minutes. Carefully flip pancakes and cook another 1 to 2 minutes, or until bottom is golden brown.
- Remove and drizzle with cream cheese topping. Repeat with remaining pancakes, filling and topping.
- Yield: Makes about 12 pancakes. 2 pancakes per serving
- Cholesterol: 211mg
- Food energy: 392kcal
- Total fat: 332.29g
- Calories from fat: 290
- Carbohydrate: 10g
- Protein per serving: 13.98g
- Total dietary fiber: 4.92g
- Sodium per serving: 223mg
Top 10 Better https://www.top10better.com/