Low Carb Chocolate Muffins
- 4 scoops chocolate protein powder* (1-1/3 cups)
- ½ cup erythritol
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk, divided
- 10 squares sugar free dark chocolate, chopped and divided
- 4 egg whites (or 4 eggs’ worth of egg replacer or flax eggs)
- 4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease or coat a muffin tin with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine protein powder, erythritol, coconut flour, unsweetened cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt and mix until uniform.
- Combine 1 cup of the almond milk with 6 squares of the chopped chocolate in a microwave-safe glass measuring cup. Microwave for 1 minute and stir until smooth. If the chocolate has not completely melted, continue microwaving in 15 second intervals, stirring in between, until the chocolate has melted and the mixture is uniform. Add remaining ¼ cup almond milk, egg whites, and vanilla extract and stir well. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir until completely combined.
- Scoop half the batter into the prepared muffin tin (so the cups are half full). Sprinkle 2 squares’ worth of the remaining chopped chocolate onto the batter (so sprinkle some chocolate onto the batter in each of the cups). Cover each of the cups with the remaining batter (so the cups are now full), then sprinkle the remaining 2 squares of chopped chocolate on top.
- Bake in the oven at 350°F for 18-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean (disregarding the melted chocolate of course). Let cool and devour.
Top 10 Better https://www.top10better.com/